Manchester NH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Bought the chemistry set recommended here. I have a salt water pool. My CYA is 30 and the app said to add 6 pounds of dry stabilizer. TA was 60 and to add 2 pounds 10 oz of baking soda. PH was perfect at 7.6. CH was 100 and it said to add 33 pounds of Calcium Chloride. FC was 2. We’ve been vacuuming and backwashing. Still green.
Suggestions?

Hey MFD and belated welcome !!!

Nice job on the kit !!! With it, not only do you have reliable data, but we are all on the same page as well. Which helps you a TON when you need some help. So, Bravo.

Have a read (SLAM Process) and follow the process to a 'T'. The pool didn't go green in a day and it will take some effort to fix it proper. But it will give you a crash course in what we do and you'll be ypur own pool's pro in a week or two.

Ask any questions at anytime. We got you.

Reactions: MFD188
My CYA is 30 and the app said to add 6 pounds of dry stabilizer
I wouldn't add any stabilizer just yet, especially since you are going to have to SLAM the pool. 30 CYA will require 12 ppm of chlorine for this, and if you add any stabilizer before you begin, your chlorine number will be higher based on the CYA / Chlorine chart.

Suggestions?
Follow @Newdude link and get going on the SLAM...

ave a read (SLAM Process) and follow the process to a 'T'

Reactions: MFD188
Bought the chemistry set recommended here. I have a salt water pool. My CYA is 30 and the app said to add 6 pounds of dry stabilizer. TA was 60 and to add 2 pounds 10 oz of baking soda. PH was perfect at 7.6. CH was 100 and it said to add 33 pounds of Calcium Chloride. FC was 2. We’ve been vacuuming and backwashing. Still green.
Suggestions?
In addition to what you've already been told, since you have a vinyl liner, CH is not incredibly important unless it's sky high. I personally wouldn't bother adding the 33 pounds of calcium chloride. Focus on your FC and follow that SLAM process - that will fix your green pool issues.

Reactions: MFD188 and Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.