Pool Step Height

Jul 2, 2009
Slidell, La.
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine

we have the Confer CCX-AG Aboveground Curve Inpool Step System, and recently had our deck rebuilt.​

Well It seemed like a good idea at the time, but now that it is completed, the overhang is to high, and creates a hazard getting into the pool.
We would like to keep them, but I need a method to raise them up a few inches.
The manufacturer used to make a spacer kit. Though I am unable to locate it now. Any suggestions to raise it, secure the spacers and not damage the
liner.
Also, would like to tap into the pump system to and run a line to force water to circulate underneath.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grovie16
Which steps are those? How have they held up? Need to get steps rather than a ladder for our dog.
I don't think there is a brand on them anywhere. I paid $25 for them on Facebook 5 or so years ago and they have worked very well for us. I have a little 16lb dog and she has no problem using them to get out of the pool.

we have the Confer CCX-AG Aboveground Curve Inpool Step System, and recently had our deck rebuilt.​

Well It seemed like a good idea at the time, but now that it is completed, the overhang is to high, and creates a hazard getting into the pool.
We would like to keep them, but I need a method to raise them up a few inches.
The manufacturer used to make a spacer kit. Though I am unable to locate it now. Any suggestions to raise it, secure the spacers and not damage the
liner.
Also, would like to tap into the pump system to and run a line to force water to circulate underneath.
Thanks in advance.

I had the exact same problem and ended up replacing the stairs with these steps. They make the extension that adds another ladder rung which makes total height 68". The new stairs saved my back during closing too as they are much easier to take out for winter!

Reactions: fr8hauler
You mean these steps?

How much height do you need?

What about bolting some pressure treated wood to the bottom?
Yes. Those are the ones. Splitting the difference, probably about 3 inches. I thought about PT wood, but wasn’t sure about the liner. I do have a pad, and that may even help as I can cut sections to cover and allow better circulation. Thanks for the input.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.