Pool Startup Cost After New Plaster

snipes00

Feb 10, 2020
Houston, TX
I am getting new plaster installed in my pool in a couple of weeks. It will be wet edge luna quartz. Plaster company is quoting me $1000 to do chemical starup on the pool. That seems bit steep to me on 17000gal pool. Is this a decent price?

What are they proposing to do for the $1,000?

What is the source of your fill water?

What is the pH, TA, CH of the fill water?

Do you have a K-2006C or Test Kits top do your own water testing?

You can do all that yourself for a $150 in test kit stuff and $50 in chemicals. And then you have the test kit to use.

Reactions: KJB1
My PB outsourced another company to startup my pool.
All they did was added bunch of acid (gallons) and chlorine (gallons).
They never did any test before or after. I was so upset that I took over the balancing on the 3rd week.
They were nice enough to hand over the acid for me to add to my pool slowly.
My test kits cost around $150-170, I couldn't decide which to get so I got bunch of them. K1005, 2006, Pool Master, teststrips. Note: just get TF100 or K2005 or 6, it will save you a lot of $, should have read TFP ahead of time.
As far as the material goes, it's under $100.
The $1000 they charge is probably labor. How many weeks are they doing it for you?

the taylor k2005 is not fas-dpd
you need the k2006
whichever you get order the xl size as the first year you will test more frequently as you 2nd guess yourself
taylor k2006c or tf100xl and everybody swears by the speedstir, i dont have one but will probably buy next time i order refills

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.