Pool starting to get greenish--how much chlorine to add?

eugchen

Feb 4, 2022
los angeles
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
i acquired a 11,000 gallon chlorine pool and im planning on getting the pool replastered in about a month, so trying to waste minimal money by putting in chemicals until after the replaster. but my pool starting to get green and i have a friend coming over this weekend to check out the new house and i want the pool to look decent. (we wont be swimming in the pool). anyways, i have been brushing, using the net, and emptying the filter out consistently, just havent used much chemicals until this week.

i had some of this handy, https://www.amazon.com/Leslies-Chlor-Brite-Sanitizer-Shock/dp/B01A4M41LC

per instructions, i put in about 11 oz (1/2 ounce for every 500 gallons) near the jets 2 days ago. today i put in about another 5 oz. how long should i expect until pool looks better. is this not the best product to use?

thanks in advance.

Toss a gallon of liquid chlorine a day and brush the pool entirely until the weekend....see how that works for you.

As soon as you replaster next month start off on the right foot- No pucks! Only use either liquid chlorine or a salt water chlorine generator. Get yourself (now preferably) a PROPER test kit, either the TF-100 or a Taylor K-2006C. Then you'll be in control of your testing and get it right. Pool Stores suck.
Then you need to follow these tips:
Recommended Levels
FC/CYA Levels
ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
PoolMath

Bring on the questions ;)
(test kits: www.tftestkits.net or to get the K-2006C check Amazon

Maddie 🇺🇦

Last edited:
Reactions: Rancho Cost-a-Lotta
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.