OMG! I am at work and for some reason it just popped into my head that a 2x4 is not 3" wide. It's 3.5", so all my numbers are off, which is why it is so tight as the calculations above will produce a circumference exactly 11" too big. So, (3.5" leg+ 33" crossbar) x 22 = 803", so I was originally only 26" shy, not 37". Time to deconstruct - - - again.
Okay, I've added as many extra inches to the circumference as I dare. Actually measuring the distance from the left side of one leg to the left side of the next leg, and strictly doing the addition in my head without writing anything down, I came up with 810" of circumference. By the math I was employing above, it should have come to 819". Doesn't matter. I dare not disconnect another crossbar from a leg. I did that this morning in order to add another 1" section. I was unable to exert enough strength to pull the cross bar back to the leg from where it was extending a full 3.5 inches past the side of the leg to which it needed to be connected. So, a little creative engineering and I made a "spreader bar" (see photo) by which I was able to spread the outer ring sufficiently as to re-do that last connection. Now I got a problem with bottom of the legs going inward such that when I pull one out in order to make room for a flat bottomed liner, the next leg over goes in. I'm thinking that if I ever get it filled, the outward pressure will allow me to disconnect a crossbar/leg and just let the liner do it's job. This has become a freaking NIGHTMARE!
P.S. I tried with a 1/4" pole and it bent so much under the pressure that I was afraid it'd break and impale me. So I went up the 1/2" piece.
Many hours of labor. Elevated. Legs pulled out. Filling. Ground not even close to level. Wish I hadn't messed with it. Lumpy. Having difficulty with one little wrinkle. Alcohol Abuse. Was a full drink!
Just hoping that when I lower it, the legs don't go all caddywhompus on me. (Of course, we all know they will.)
Hold on! Time out! In reading other threads, I just discovered that the Intex valves are restricting water flow. What's the point to having 1.5" hoses when the inner diameter of the valves are only 1.125"?
Almost finished. Ran out of 1" cable clamps for the garden hose / solar heater and made do with temporary zip ties. Skimmer works well, until the water level gets to the top of its opening. Pool is even more unlevel now than it was before I brought in all the sand to raise the low side, which is still the low side. BUT...... no leaks, everything works. Just got to reconnect the garden hose to the drain outlet as I accidentally stepped on it and broke the old one. It's a two person job..one on the inside to hold a cup over the drain outlet to keep the water at bay.
EDIT: Tested water this morning. FC 8, CYA 40, TA 100. pH 7.2. Not half bad since I did not measure amount of CYA but just went by gut feeling from 5 years' experience. Time put the solar blanket on.
I could not get the garden hose connected to the drain outlet using the Intex part shown in the photo without it leaking like I had done previously. Therefore, I did a little creative plumbing as shown in the 2nd photo. The 3rd shot is the solar cover and it's roller, which was built exactly to fit previous 22' diameter frame. This time, it was 2" inches short, which I consider to be proof that my circumference ended up being too large. Sorry about nighttime photos.