Pool & spa lights out of sync

Jun 2, 2011
Jersey Shore
Pool Size
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Just upgraded my automation from LX-100 to Easy Touch upgrade. Fairly straight forward update for which everything appears to be work as before.

Previously my pool & spa lights were out of sync and turn on together, have not been able to operate separately. Thought when upgrading this would resolve the issue, however there are three wires (1x black & 2x gray) come into 1 relay which controls both lights. Not sure where to start looking to determine how these are wired together and what is required to have each on their own relays.

Objective is to have the lights synced and work together through the color wheel, am fine with them operating together.

Any advice?

I’m not sure how your system works. However, my lights (3) are connected to Hayward’s prologic with the pool independent of the spa. I can then “group” them together in the software so they come in and off together and change colors together. With that being said, I like the pool to be white and the spa dark blue. I can set the spa to a different color but the lights still go on/off together. The issue is change the light colors. I first have to get the spa on the same color as the pool and then cycle them on / off to change.

There are better experts here but you need to program your easytouch. If they are intellibrite lights (that is what I have) you need to assign this circuit function as Intellibrite in the ET settings. Then under the ET control panel you get a Setting for Lights - and then you can set colors or modes.

Investigated a bit more last evening. There are 2 junction boxes, for pool and spa and both appear to be 120V lights. In the spa function box, the pool lights are wired together with the spa light. From this box, the wires go out to the GFCI breaker and then 2 grey, 1 black and 1 white coming into a single relay. Hoping this might help someone identify the issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.