pool slides

Spiccolli

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2012
Gold Canyon, AZ
I was thinking about putting in a pool slide for the kids. Problem is, the ones i have seen that seem any good (need water delivery because of heat) run from $500 and up... some way way way up.
For me, this is not acceptable, it is a pool slide, it should not be the price of a car!

So I started checking out craiglist to see if i could find a good deal - no such luck, those are about the same price although you do find high end older slides cheaper then new of course.

I found a couple that have no ladder for reasonable prices - $150-$200. The questions I have are:
How would I find the proper ladder?
Where can I get a good slide cheap if old slide + new ladder = expensive?

thanks!!

jblizzle

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 19, 2010
Tucson, AZ
You also need the water to keep your skin from sticking to it and possibly flipping over the side ... trust me on this :)

There have been people who just use playground type slides, but they usually add a hose too.

frozengator

Jun 3, 2012
jblizzle said:
You also need the water to keep your skin from sticking to it and possibly flipping over the side ... trust me on this :)

LOL, I need my wife to read this. She is in a big hurry for me to get this slide up so she can go down it. I am glad I seen this so I can tell her to hold her horses!!! I can see her trying it right after I put it up with no water on it. I just got the deck done and all I here is how long till the slide is ready?? LOL