Pool-side projector setups

AndyTN

Bronze Supporter
Mar 27, 2019
Memphis
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Does anyone else who has set up a tv projector for pool-side movies and sports mind sharing some pictures? I have a projector mounted in my bonus room which I take down a couple times during the year to set up on my porch and project on the side of the house. The attached picture was from this past Labor Day Weekend, which the fire pit was way too hot, and you can also see my setup in my profile picture. It is best to do it in August and September since the pool water is still hot and it gets dark enough about 7:30. I also take my soundbar from the living room outside for sound.

I don't really have any issues other than my wife complains whenever I do it because it is a hassle. I'm just looking for some ideas to see what others have done. I don't have a covered porch and I'm not spending another $1000+ on another projector so my setup will always be temporary.

Attachments

• Pool projector.jpg
    Pool projector.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 162
Reactions: cmc0619 and Bosley
Nice outdoor theatre setup.

There are lower cost projectors that may be adequate for outdoors projection.

Nice outdoor theatre setup.

There are lower cost projectors that may be adequate for outdoors projection.

Friends bought one of the $100 ones from amazon. They made a screen from a bedsheet and some 2X4s. Used the AV plugs for sound and video feed from a DVD player. It was by no means a 4K picture but it was plenty clear for kids movie night. There was a bit of setup involved but one extension cord with a splitter powered the speaker/dvd/projector. You could get a cheap DVD player/speaker and secure it all on a small table so you walk the table out and plug it in.

We leave ours setup year round. Bought a retractable screen. Use it regularly as long as temperatures are not too far below freezing.

Nice setup. I want to eventually get a covered porch and could rig up something like you have. Although, I do actually like sitting on a float in the pool while watching tv up on the side of the house. I am sure you wouldn't want to do that in Canada in October...

• Haha
Reactions: Bosley
Some years I have had my snowmobile out in October. This may be one of those years!
We have on occasion moved the projector out by the campfire and dropped a tarp near the shed for a screen at 10 below and snow. Just have to dress for it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.