Pool showed up today…..

Following this - I want to do my own fiberglass in 1-2 years. I used to own a small excavation company and very proficient in plumbing and electrical.

How did you guys move the pool into the bed? Was thinking would crane off the trailer and just set right into the bed?

Thanks for sharing. Pool costs here have doubled and wait list is 2 years for local installers.

Following this - I want to do my own fiberglass in 1-2 years. I used to own a small excavation company and very proficient in plumbing and electrical.

How did you guys move the pool into the bed? Was thinking would crane off the trailer and just set right into the bed?

Thanks for sharing. Pool costs here have doubled and wait list is 2 years for local installers.
We used a large telehandler with 30 foot straps and a spreader bar. My local small crane guy was unavailable or I would have used him. So far the installation has been decent. I probably wouldn’t go it again, but that’s because I’d rather be doing other things.

Reactions: zrtman
I Know! But there was one where the *professional* installer tried to cheap out and had several of his big buddies show up to PUSH the pool into the hole.................can you guess what happened???? Yeah.............it moved all of the gravel, dirt, stuff on the bottom so the pool was VERY unlevel. So THEN he had them try to lift it up one side at a time while he tried to shove it all back where it belonged. That did not go real well. THEN he told them if they filled it up with water that would smoosh all of the pushed up stuff down and the pool would level out..............yeah NO!! It caused the pool to crack :( The *professional* guy got fired. A new pool was sent and it was installed like it should have been in the first place.

Unrelated to any technical matters, I really like the wall to wall stairs. If I live long enough to have another pool (and I'm crazy enough to get one) that is exactly what I'll do. I have the "standard" sun shelf/tanning ledge/baja shelf. What a waste of pool perimeter. People want to sit in the pool, and wall to wall stairs assures everyone has a stair to sit on at the level they need AND there is still plenty of room for other people to walk into the pool or out.

Plumbing done. Electrical close. Waiting on my buddy to pull some wire to the sub panel. I usually do all my own electrical work. I built and wired that shop in the backround with radiant infloor heat and EMT conduit for all electrical. But Im letting him do this for time sake. Once the autocover people come I'll run some 3/4 conduit to the motor side of the box. I wanted to wait until they were done so I know exactly where to run it too. I also need to run a "temp" outlet closer to the pool. Code here is no closer than 6, but no further than 20 from the pool edge. This will be temp as there will be a pool house close by next year. Phase 1 of autocover is the 30th. Then concrete right after. Not sure when the cover will be finalized but at least the pool will be useable. I racked my brain over a heater bypass. I just couldnt figure out how to make it look clean and keep it constrained to that size area. Oh well.

EDIT: I added a couple pics of my latest shop build. I usually get alot of questions like how do you know how to do all that stuff. My answer is usually i just learned over the years and found out what was right and wrong about others work. Ok im done.

Attachments

• IMG_4243.JPG
    IMG_4243.JPG
    772.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4244.JPG
    IMG_4244.JPG
    676.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4249.JPG
    IMG_4249.JPG
    694.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4258.JPG
    IMG_4258.JPG
    761.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4259.JPG
    IMG_4259.JPG
    590.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4260.JPG
    IMG_4260.JPG
    533.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: kimkats and zrtman
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.