Pool security (Fence locks)

Redhawks Fan

Aug 27, 2019
Spring, TX
Hey everyone, this may not be the perfect forum, but I figured someone here would have some experience with it. I've been looking at getting some keyless entry deadbolts for my fence gates, and the ones I see at Lowes don't get great reviews for outdoor use; all the ones I've seen are designed for main entry doors, etc. Has anyone installed something like this for their fence gates, and if so, what brand did you use or would recommend. I've attached a picture of the type of lock I'm looking for in case my description wasn't clear. Thanks for any advice you have!Deadbolt.PNG

ajw22 - Thanks. Those are really pricey. I was hoping for something less expensive.

sktn77a - That was my suggestion to my wife, but she wisely pointed out that we wouldn't be able to open them from inside the yard. We have a pretty standard 6-foot high privacy fence with a gate on each side of the house.

Many community codes require self-closing gate apparatus. Do you know what your community requires? Does that matter here, I dunno?

A redneck solution would be to drill round holes in top of gate and top of next section and use a long bike type lock which you could reach up and pull over to unlock no matter which side of the fence you were on. The kind using numbers not a key.

Maddie :flower:

You could mount the lock in your picture inside a weather proof electrical box ( both sides of fence ).

I am sure there must be one big enough to house the lock.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.