Pool salt not dissolving

I believe there were issues with several brands of salt latey. I think Mortons was one of them.

Could the stuff in the bottom of the bucket be something other than salt, that was mixed in with the salt?

Could the water in the bucket be at the point where it can not absorb any more salt (Saturated)?

I just used a 40# bag of Morton's Pure and Natural Water Softener Crystals. My method is to drop the contents along the shallow end as I walk around. Then I use my brush to spread from the edge toward the middle of the shallow end. From there, I have a line of crystals that I slowly brush back and forth across the shallow end. This way, I can see the crystals "dissolve before my very eyes". I have used Morton's before and the foreign substance from this bag is about the same as before. However, since I'm brushing in the shallow end where I can easily see it, I can use the Leaf Rake to scoop it out. I take about 20 minutes start to finish.

Morton Salt Debris.jpg

The water in the bucket with the salt crystals reached its saturation point.

Once the water is saturated with salt, the rest of the crystals will not dissolve.

Reactions: generessler
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.