Bronze Supporter
May 20, 2018
Clovis, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So this is our first year with a pool, and I have kids aged 5 and 8. We have gone over pool safety and rules with the kids repeatedly, and they are both decent swimmers. But as much as we discipline them for breaking rules, I don't feel like the gravity of it is really sinking in.

Does anyone know of a really good pool safety video for kids that covers things like not to jump into the pool on top of another swimmer, not to hold someone else under water, not to dive in the shallow end, how not to knock yourself out on the coping, etc.? I'm thinking something on the level of Red Asphalt or Crispy Critters, but for pools. Something that will instill some fear and respect.

TIA!

There are a lot of pool safety videos on youtube. Here is one that I found: Be Water Smart at the Pool - YouTube

Thank you, I have been all over YouTube, and that one is actually better than what I found. But, I'm really hoping to find one that emphasizes consequences. My kids know the rules -- we have plenty of rules in our home. But with most rules, the consequence of breaking the rule is just a punishment of varying degrees. With a pool, breaking rules can be deadly. Kids tend to think they are immortal. Hoping to find a video that gets through to them, more than just our own explanations, that misbehavior can really hurt someone.

Find some kids dying in pools news reprts to put in front of them.

You will still get the attitude of i am smarter then those dummies and can do it. After all they see the stuff in movies and on TV. Right?

Both my sons became certified lifeguards as sonn as they could. That schooling helped them understand.

You are worried about pools now. Wait until they can drive.

It only stuck with my kids when it struck close to home and a few of their friends died in car accidents. My younger son was in three car accidents as a passenger with teenage friends driving. One of them a rollver. Airbags are lifesaving.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.