Pageland south carolina
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
So, new to the pool thing. Last year was first year. Absolutely had no problems with water and thought hmmm this isn't too bad after all....until end of season when algae began to take over. So done best I could to clean, put winter pill in, covered, and waited till beginning of this season. Took cover off a month ago and had a swamp. Work diligently and got it clean and pump actually being able to run without constant backwashing. Things were back to normal, chemistry was about where I needed it except for alkalinity tad low as well as cya but almost close to ideal range. I heard so much about pool rx so decided to give it a try. Followed instructions to a t. Second day after the pool rx and yes my water is crystal clear and chemistry is where I am happy with. Problem lies in this. My filter is in need of backwashing, not terribly high but going close to yellow mark where flow is restricted quite a bit. Also we have had a ton of rain and water is really high could use some backwashing to drain down some. Question is this. They say not to backwash for atleast 2 weeks so not sure what I should do. If I backwash did I juat waste product, or can I backwash enough to get pressure back to normal? Stumped as to what is ok to do in this situation. Any help would be great

They say not to backwash for atleast 2 weeks so not sure what I should do. If I backwash did I juat waste product, or can I backwash enough to get pressure back to normal? Stumped as to what is ok to do in this situation. Any help would be great
Who is "they?"

First, I would not use Pool RX. It adds copper to your pool.

We do not recommend it:

We do recommend:

You should backwash anytime your filter pressure rises 25% above your clean filter pressure.

The amount of water used in a backwash will not have a material impact on the chemistry of the pool (loss of product).

Reactions: Mdragger88
Definitely hope I didn't make a mess out of things
You likely weren't on the verge of staining where this one bottle mattered.

We caution against it's repeated use.

It doesn't do what it says so it's twice as bad. Just a waste of funds and harm. Lol.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support