Pool Rope Eye Loops Not Aligned

NewPoolWhatNow

Nov 23, 2022
Maryland
Just had a vinyl liner installed today and after they left I noticed the eye loops for the shallow end divider rope aren’t aligned and looks awful.

I texted my pool guy and of course no response. Is there a way the one on the bottom can be redone with new coping at that spot?This costs too much money for something not to be right. Thanks!
75F5C36B-F0F0-4971-8FD7-2C31A432C57C.jpeg

My thought is they might try to just move it over so it does align BUT leaving the old holes or trying to fill them in with something. The only correct way to fix it would be to remove the piece they are in and replacing it to start all over.

Reactions: Newdude
My thought is they might try to just move it over so it does align BUT leaving the old holes or trying to fill them in with something. The only correct way to fix it would be to remove the piece they are in and replacing it to start all over.
Can they replace that one piece without messing up the liner and having to do the whole thing over?

Im not trying to be a pain in the rear end, but its quite glaring they are misaligned. Im not even an ocd person - just paying too much money for them to be eye f-ng it.

They did similar with mine. One guy worked the near side and one guy worked the far side. They each had 'their way' and I was moving an anchor after they left.

Mine was in the concrete shell which was being covered so it didn't matter. Yours could be a future nightmare when it starts rusting because they didn't patch the holes well enough. At that point, you'll be removing patio to replace that section. I highly reccomend that section gets replaced as Kim and NewPool suggested

Reactions: kimkats
N,

No doubt the right thing to do is have them fix it correctly. The question is, can that be done now?

If it can't, one option would be to move the anchor over and plug the old holes. Then drill two holes on the other side, and plug them, so that visually it would look even.

Another option would be to install two more anchors so you have 4 of them but they would be evenly spaced.

I say this as I have no idea how hard at this point it would be to fix what you have. Sometimes demanding that things be fixed, can often cause worse problems than what you have now.

Thanks,

Jim R.

How far off is it?

I would not pull the coping section as you would need to drain the pool and redo the liner, which is not worth the risk.

I would just reset the anchor and use Bondo to fill the old holes and paint over the area with white paint.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.