Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hi,
Is there a pool robot selector site or spreadsheet available? Too many options out there. Would like to put in a few parameters and get it narrowed down. I see every thread, forum or Facebook group on the subject ends up with everyone recommending basically what they have. While this is great and for the most part there isn't really any bad choices out there surprisingly, I like to get the best one for my pool.

Parameters are:

15x32 (3':6.5':4')
Screen enclosure in Central FL (Do I really need a robot if nothing constantly falls in the pool? Is it just to get me out of brushing walls)
Gunite/Plaster
One 1'x12' sitting ledge about 1.5' deep
Round splash area about 2-3" deep
Three stairs 2-3' wide x 8-10" depth

Last edited:
We recommend you call Marina Pool Spa in Denver Co and talk to Margaret. She can advise you what is available that best applies to your parameters.

Reactions: tradewinds
We recommend you call Marina Pool Spa in Denver Co and talk to Margaret. She can advise you what is available that best applies to your parameters.
Thanks. I try to discuss on forums to get neutral and objective input first so I'm equipped to talk to a sales person as they usually have a biased agenda or sales target to meet. But, per you advise I'll ask her also at this time.

a sales person as they usually have a biased agenda or sales target to meet.
TW,

That is not something she does!!!

Would like to put in a few parameters and get it narrowed down.
TW,

There are no real "parameters"... :mrgreen:

Robots clean the main pool and walls and most do the waterline tile.

They do not do stairs, splash areas or ledges. You would need to sweep them off into your main pool.

I don't care how clean you think your pool is, a robot is going to pick up a lot of stuff you can't see.

If your pool is inside a screen-room, then you don't really need one.. I am not sure it would help you at all... :scratch:

If you do decide to get a robot, get one without all the bells and whistles that most don't need, they just get caught up in the "tech".. They all clean the same with, or without, the tech.

If you buy a robot, you should consider it a "consumable" as other than simple stuff, they are not cost effective to repair.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: djw and tradewinds
Everything said above.
HOWEVER, I will disagree with one item - if you have a deep pool (9+ feet) the Bluetooth remote comes in handy during the winter as you can manipulate it a bit to reach the areas it normally won’t. (Otherwise, it’s useless.)

Margaret is helpful and nice and marina Pools has the best prices for what they carry. But there are a lot they don’t carry.

At this point in the game most of us are looking for the best bank for the buck as we now realize the robots aren’t going to last more than 3 years.

If someone in the group is Google forms savy, there’s a way to create a form with questions and have the collection of answers auto-populate results.
Everybody in the forum that has had a robot can fill out the form and provide their results.

If the results can be presented in a spreadsheet format, anyone could download it, sort and delete as their needs provide and have all info in one spot.

The key would be finding someone to volunteer their time and skills to create.

so I'm equipped to talk to a sales person as they usually have a biased agenda or sales target to meet
She talked myself and an IRL friend out of the expensive model when she had both to sell. I've read similar from members here many, many times.

You may not like the models she sells, and go elsewhere, but she is a gem. If you do like one of her models, her prices are always good, if not the best.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.