Pool robot not climbing walls

Hi all

I recently sourced a used Star Vac 2 robot pool cleaner.
Tried it out yesterday and it works as expected however fails the climb the pool walls. It attempts to climb (rollers spinning) but fails and then continues on the pool floor.

Cannot seem to find any online manuals for this cleaner.

Any one have any suggestions to get it working?

Design I have is slightly different but is also a Star Vac 2

Last edited:
Is this unit new? Looks almost like the iRobot cleaner I had. When it wouldn't climb walls it was usually due to the filter bad being full and therefore too heavy for the robot to climb.

Another thing, the rollers look like they are foam. When new or the unit has been out of the water for a long time, they harden and won't produce the traction needed to get up the wall. In that case just let it sit in the pool for day before use.

Not familiar with that model, does it try and climb? The site didn't say much, is it suppose to climb?
I have noticed if my filters get dirty and heavy it won't climb as well..Have you cleaned it good?

Hi all

It is a used unit.

Yes it is supposed to climb. It attempts to climb and I can see the rollers spinning before it gives up and carries on doing the floor. Does a good job on the floor mind I add!

It has been out of use for a while so the rollers would have dried up.
Filters bag was more or less empty.
Have only given it a go once yet so will see what happens on the next time I try it now I have cleaned is thoroughly inside out.

Reactions: markayash

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.