Pool Return & Skimmer Locations

Sep 26, 2018
Tampa, FL
Hey guys, What would be the best layout for 2 Skimmers and 4 Returns. See sketch below. I added the returns and skimmers, but not sure if those spots are ideal?

tOOrxhm.jpg

I would move the skimmers such that the flow of water is not directly into them, but rather slowly going by the skimmer parallel to the wall. If the return is directly pointed at the skimmer as the water goes across the pool towards the opening the flow spreads out, and any debris outside the channel that is the width of the skimmer opening will hit the walls of the pool and be deflected away from the skimmer. If the flow is parallel with the wall that the skimmer is on the debris will naturally drift along the wall and be pulled into the skimmer opening when it passes by.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'd suggest moving the return on the sun shelf over closer to the middle.

Are you sure you only want 3' deep in the shallow part?? That is *seriously* shallow and most folks regret it later. If you're looking to do shallow make the water height at least 3'6" at the least. Just a strong suggestion.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.