Pool Renovations in Tucson

Wondering if you guys got rain? We got hammered here on the eastside! My pool is filled up to the top with 3" of rain water. I'll be draining later today after I let it mix in.
Yes - hammered! Lots of hail around 11pm - bet it helped with this morning's plaster clean. :)
Plenty of lightening and thunder that rattled the windows at 5am.

They were out this morning but are gone now. Can't tell from the security camera if the garden hose is in the pool.

Pool is filling.... Slowly.....
735154ed142f58bfd8a50663c5a4aa9f.jpg

Almost as important, pork butt is on the smoker. I'll post pictures of that too in a bit (for JoyfulNoise). Pork butt off at 6am to make room for them ribs.

Yaaaaaaaayyyy!!!! I can't wait to see the ...... Pork!! (Sorry, I have my priorities) :pig:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, so where's yours?? Cuz that one is definitely coming home with me ;)

Looking good, Flappy!! I did this in my smoker on Sunday -

Bacon-wrapped pork loin roast stuffed with gouda and arugula

Hey - quick question about the pool while the pork is smokin':

Since I am on a property well and water output is low, are there any risk to the plaster if the fill drags out? At the current rate I'd be lucky to get 50% volume in another 24 hours.

Thanks!

- Bill

That should be ok. I'd just spray down the plaster a little to keep it wet. You don't want it drying out with no water on it.

Funny, I thought if you were on a community well, they would have forced you to truck in water. You've probably got lots of neighbor's wondering why their showers are so weak ;)

That should be ok. I'd just spray down the plaster a little to keep it wet. You don't want it drying out with no water on it.

Funny, I thought if you were on a community well, they would have forced you to truck in water. You've probably got lots of neighbor's wondering why their showers are so weak ;)

Not a community well - a property well. I have one, my 5 neighbors each have one... Other than TEP, we are all off the grid.
But I'm splitting hairs. :)

You two REALLY need to give me your addresses! I am SO ready to grab a bit of both of those! YUMMMMMMMM

Uncle is there any way you can call the fire department and ask for some water? IF you do make sure it is put in without too much pressure as I would hate to mess up that pretty plaster!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nothing scared me more than Parent-Teacher conferences with my kid's kindergarten teacher :) I would sometimes help out in the classroom and any time Mrs. Jones' voice got to the stern-but-calm level, I swear my spine stiffened me a little straighter. I think you kinder teachers have some kind of ninja-Jedi-teacher training school you secretly attend ;)

I'm happy to share recipes. PM me and I'll reply.

BUT Mattttttttt I HATE to cook!!!!!!!!!!!! I just want to show up and eat! I might even swim in the pool before I eat LOL

Did all of your boys have the same teacher? I tend to teach whole families. It is neat to see them as they all grow up. I have one that I KNOW will be in my last class. Her mom brought her to see me BEFORE they went home from the hospital! LOL

Kim

BUT Mattttttttt I HATE to cook!!!!!!!!!!!! I just want to show up and eat! I might even swim in the pool before I eat LOL

Did all of your boys have the same teacher? I tend to teach whole families. It is neat to see them as they all grow up. I have one that I KNOW will be in my last class. Her mom brought her to see me BEFORE they went home from the hospital! LOL

Kim

PM'ed you so as to not hijack Uncle Flappy's thread....now that he's finished with his pool renovation, we have to make him a TFP Expert so he can start answering threads :)

How does one get to be a TFP Expert?

It's kind of like the reality TV show "Survivor". First you get dropped on a deserted Pacific island with nothing but your swimsuit, a bottle of sun block and a half-full TF-100 test kit. You start off by running through a bed of fiery, red-hot coals and then you have 10 pools (5 in-ground / 5 above-ground) that are in varying states of chemical imbalance and/or experiencing mechanical issues. You must correctly diagnose and fix all 10 pools BUT you only have enough reagents to run full tests on 6 of them, therefore you have to be wise in your diagnosis and testing regimen. The final challenge is a single blackboard with chem geek's pool water equations written on them where you have to solve the 10 simultaneous FC-CYA chemical equilibrium equations to correctly derive the FC/CYA chart. Should you pass all three challenges, you get to sit in a circle with the TFP founders where they decide whether or not to extinguish your tiki torch....suffice it to say I whimpped-out at the red-hot coal bed...

:D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.