Pool Remodel DFW - Best way to update exposed aggregate deck, Kool Cote Texture Overlay?

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Hi everyone, we are getting quotes to remodel our pool.

We are in DFW and got hit by the freeze. Insurance denied everything so we are coming out of our pocket, but at least our pool was somewhat in need for an update anyway.

We have a lot of older exposed aggregate decking. Foolishly last year I ended up sealing it and it looked nice, but now since we are remodeling the rest of the pool we want to upgrade the decking too.

I have been getting very mixed opinions about Kool Cote Textured overlay for the exposed aggregate, some say it will chip within a year and look terrible, and some say it will bond pretty good to the aggregate and last at least 10 years. Someone else told me since it was sealed that there is NO WAY the Kool Cote will adhere and it will chip and crack right away.

One PB wanted to jack hammer the whole deck and put new concrete.

Any other suggestions?

And if anyone has any good pool remodeler's in DFW I would love their information.

Thank you!

How about grinding/sanding it down and laying travertine ?
Thanks for responding!

We would be very interested in this but most of the contractors are recommending tearing up the existing exposed aggregate and that would be very costly and a huge mess.

I didn't think you could lay travertine over exposed aggregate, you would have to grind down a significant portion, no?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.