Pool questions

May 30, 2012
Boyd, Texas
I'm slowly but surely coming to the conclusion that I want an inground pool, but it seems like the more threads/builds I read the more questions I have. So I figure I'll start a thread to ask questions on as they come up.

Just a recap of what I've picked up so far.
2" pvc is prefered
In-floor cleaning systems usually not worth it
O-zone system not required

Questions that have come up so far.
I've seen rebar that is installed 8" on center and some 10" on center. Which is is preferred? I would think 8" would be stronger but is it necessary?
My fill water is fairly high in CH, usually around 350. Does pebbletech have any advantage over regular plaster as far as scaling?

Not sure about the rebar question. We consider pebbletech to be plaster and therefore, no different than any other type of plaster finish. Ozone is not needed with an outdoor pool since the sun does the same thing for free. And yes, in-floor cleaning systems are usually more trouble than they are worth. Get yourself a good robot or suction side cleaner.

If your fill water is 350 +/-, you are really going to have to be vigilant in your CSI management.

Even with an above ground i've had to watch my ph, due to scaling on the swg. Seems like after I get TA down, which is usually around 250 from my fill water I can get the PH to stabilize around 7.5.

Any other points that come up during initial quote/bid that I should watch for?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.