Michael#123

Jul 11, 2022
Memphis
I have a new inground, gunite pool. The pool builder thought that there was a leak at the skimmer, so he had his guys repair it with some pool putty. They accidentally dropped a few small pieces of putty into the pool, and it cured and hardened on the plaster. Pool builder said that it wasn't a problem and he had them pop it off. But, it appears to have popped off a small amount of plaster in the two spots where the putty was removed. Should I be worried about this becoming a bigger issue in the future? Thanks.

Depends how deep the divots are.

The pool builder should now have someone patch those divots in the plaster.

No, they can do small plaster patches underwater.

What type of finish is it?

What color?

Can you post pics of the divots?

No, they can do small plaster patches underwater.

What type of finish is it?

What color?

Can you post pics of the divots?
It's hard to get a picture since it's on the bottom of the pool and about three feet deep. One divot is about 3/4 inch in diameter, and the other about 1/2 inch diameter. I can't tell how deep the divots are, but i'm going to get my goggles and take a look this weekend (this just happened yesterday). It is a smooth finish with French Gray plaster. Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.