kaeden1100

May 22, 2022
Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey everyone. Just as a little FYI, I’ve got a 24’ above ground pool with a Hayward S210T93S sand filter and obviously a pump but I can’t remember exactly what the pump is, just now it’s only a couple of years old.

We inherited the pool when we bought the house a couple years ago and I’ve finally got everything straightened out with it, aside from the fact that it dumps a little sand in the water. When we first got the pool, I dumped the sand and replaced it, and to my knowledge, did everything correctly. The only thing I noticed when doing that is that the laterals, when touching the bottom of the filter housing, would not connect to the filter head (the stand pipe was too short), so to solve this I just pulled the lateral assembly up a little so that it would connect with the filter head. In hindsight, I’m wondering if this might be causing my issue. If not, does anyone have any other suggestions? I suppose it could be a damaged lateral assembly but it looked fine the last time it was removed.

Thanks in advance.

Hey everyone. Just as a little FYI, I’ve got a 24’ above ground pool with a Hayward S210T93S sand filter and obviously a pump but I can’t remember exactly what the pump is, just now it’s only a couple of years old.

We inherited the pool when we bought the house a couple years ago and I’ve finally got everything straightened out with it, aside from the fact that it dumps a little sand in the water. When we first got the pool, I dumped the sand and replaced it, and to my knowledge, did everything correctly. The only thing I noticed when doing that is that the laterals, when touching the bottom of the filter housing, would not connect to the filter head (the stand pipe was too short), so to solve this I just pulled the lateral assembly up a little so that it would connect with the filter head. In hindsight, I’m wondering if this might be causing my issue. If not, does anyone have any other suggestions? I suppose it could be a damaged lateral assembly but it looked fine the last time it was removed.

Thanks in advance.
The filter should have a bed of sand to hold up the laterals as you fill it back up with sand. When refilling you should add water at the same time so the sand can fill in underneath the laterals. If you didn’t do that its possible it came loose as you filled it up again.

The filter should have a bed of sand to hold up the laterals as you fill it back up with sand. When refilling you should add water at the same time so the sand can fill in underneath the laterals. If you didn’t do that its possible it came loose as you filled it up again.

Okay so is there any kind of go to for how much sand on the bottom is considered sufficient for the bed?

Okay so is there any kind of go to for how much sand on the bottom is considered sufficient for the bed?
Nothing fancy. The stand pipe should be installed tight, then fill the bottom with water and slowly add sand making sure not to disturb the laterals. Keep adding water and sand until its at the proper height.

Nothing fancy. The stand pipe should be installed tight, then fill the bottom with water and slowly add sand making sure not to disturb the laterals. Keep adding water and sand until its at the proper height.

Okay so sorry for all the questions, just wanna make sure I understand this properly so I don’t have to do it again so soon, and so that I’m not fighting sand again this year.

So to be clear, when refilling, I should start with sand and water in the bottom and with the lateral assembly inserted into the filter head, then place the lateral and filter head assembly into the filter body, adding more sand until it sits firmly at the bottom and the clamp can go around the filter head, correct?

Okay so sorry for all the questions, just wanna make sure I understand this properly so I don’t have to do it again so soon, and so that I’m not fighting sand again this year.

So to be clear, when refilling, I should start with sand and water in the bottom and with the lateral assembly inserted into the filter head, then place the lateral and filter head assembly into the filter body, adding more sand until it sits firmly at the bottom and the clamp can go around the filter head, correct?
No worries, got a picture? Is the multiport valve on top or the side?

Thats the basic idea. Fill it a good way up with water first. Then enough sand to not interfere with the laterlas. The “head” should come off the stand pipe leaving the laterals and stand pipe in there.

No worries, got a picture? Is the multiport valve on top or the side?

Thats the basic idea. Fill it a good way up with water first. Then enough sand to not interfere with the laterlas. The “head” should come off the stand pipe leaving the laterals and stand pipe in there.
Multiport valve is on top.