cvan1971man

Mar 18, 2022
Arlington, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a 15k gallon pool. The pool is holding water well, no leaks or water level dropping (The water level is important due to the bubbles - see below).

I got a pump problem. These pool pumps are made by Centurion Model B123 and Centurion Model B625. Neither of these pumps have been rebuilt. I would assume that one pump runs the jets and the other pump runs the Polaris.

I went out today and realized that none of the jets in the pool were moving water while the Polaris was on. When I turn off the polaris, i have 1 jet moving water albeit slowly. I have another jet with sporadic bubbles coming out. the other two jets aren't doing anything.

I am curious to know what your thoughts are for the lack of water movement through the jets as well as course of action.

I am not adverse to rebuilding one or both pumps if you think it will fix the problem or if it would be better to get a new pump.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• 20220523_101123.jpg
    20220523_101123.jpg
    469.8 KB · Views: 8
For starters, you most definitely need a new filter pump. That ancient open-face impeller pump was probably worn out 20 years ago. If you open it you will, most likely, see deep scratches/grooves in the volute and matching ones in what is left of the impeller. Your Polaris booster pump (one with the hoses) has had, or does have, a seal leak as is evident by the corrosion where the motor meets the bracket.
Century does not make pumps, only motors. That is a Polaris PB4-60 and, perhaps, a very, very old AquaFlo filter pump from the early 1990s or even earlier.

Last edited:
For starters, you most definitely need a new filter pump. That ancient open-face impeller pump was probably worn out 20 years ago. If you open it you will, most likely, see deep scratches/grooves in the volute and matching ones in what is left of the impeller. Your Polaris booster pump (one with the hoses) has had, or does have, a seal leak as is evident by the corrosion where the motor meets the bracket.
Century does not make pumps, only motors. That is a Polaris PB4-60 and, perhaps, a very, very old AquaFlo filter pump from the early 1990s or even earlier.
Wow, thanks for the info. What make and model would you go with? Size, etc. 15,000 gallong pool.

Need to know more about your pool, but you can't go wrong with a Hatward or Pentair VSP.
Got an old DE pool filter and these two old pumps. I'd like to get something that is more efficient that will work with the DE filter.

Or is the pool filter so archaic that i need to change it as well.

Attachments

• 20220526_165519.jpg
    20220526_165519.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220526_165543.jpg
    20220526_165543.jpg
    457.5 KB · Views: 3
Can't go wrong with a Hayward 2.7hp or Pentair 3hp VSP. Pump doesn't care what filter is after it. Large capacity cartridge or sand filters work best with a VSP, but they work well with DE. If there are no problems with your existing filter right now, concentrate on a good pump.

Can't go wrong with a Hayward 2.7hp or Pentair 3hp VSP. Pump doesn't care what filter is after it. Large capacity cartridge or sand filters work best with a VSP, but they work well with DE. If there are no problems with your existing filter right now, concentrate on a good pump.
Awesome, thank you for your time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.