Pool Pump won't turn on - INSNRG Qi 1100 Variable speed pump

Guin

Feb 10, 2020
Calderwood, AUS
Hi all - Regarding some trouble shooting ideads for why my INSNRG Qi 1100 variable speed pump won't turn on.

I did some significant backwashing the pool after Sydney's massive wet weather event over the weekend and the next day, the pump won't turn on at all. When I go to press the on button, I think I hear one click but nothing happens... The screen won't turn on.

It appears like an electrical issue, like it just won't turn on at all. Screen etc just won't fire up.

I have:

- Tested different PowerPoints ... Note: My robotic pool cleaner and chlorinator are still working fine and they were on the same powerboard
- Checked for any water damage... Worked with an Electrical engineer to go through and see if the computer had water damage, which it did not appear to (no water inside)
- I only backwashed about halfway down the skimmer box and it filled up a fair bit again > So don't think i over-backwashed but maybe has something to do with backwashing.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• INSNRG.jpg
    INSNRG.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 9
Welcome to TFP.

You say you worked with an electrical engineer. Did you check if you have voltage on the wires going into the pump?

Do you have a multimeter to check voltages?

Guin,

If the pump will not turn on it has to be one of two things..

Either the pump does not have the proper electrical power or it does.. If it does not, it has to be something supplying power to the pump.

If it does have electrical power it almost has to be the pump's control panel..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Electrical Engineer friend asked if I have a multimedia but I don't... I may be able to get a hold of one though to give it a look.

Let's assume it's the control panel, looking at my picture... Is that part number 17? That's what I took off/opened up and looked at for water damage. Are there any other parts that would be affected by a splash of water?

So the power board is getting electricity, which means it's either the control box or a fault with the power cord?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.