POOL PUMP VALVES

LeahEox

Apr 23, 2020
Fort Lauderdale
Hey guys, I would really appreciate your help. I rented my place, and the pool got green. I tried a few things (followed steps as on the forum) to clear it up and make sure it is balanced. But it has been over 2 weeks and it looks way better but I can't get it to not be cloudy. It just keeps being cloudy no matter wat. This morning, I went by trying to figure it out, because I have been doing everything and checking balance, I even got a vaccumm and changed the filter to a new one. But I noticed, someone moved the valves, but now I am unsure how they go. Could this be affecting the filtering process? Please help. I attached a few pics so you can guide me.

Attachments

• pool2.jpeg
    pool2.jpeg
    204.4 KB · Views: 19
  • pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 19
  • pool3.jpeg
    pool3.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 17
I am not an equipment expert, they will be along soon! But the pool2 shows 100% suction from skimmer, pool shows 100% drain suction. Which one is what you normally see?

To understand, is it your place or a place you are renting from someone else?

Reactions: LeahEox
Leah,

The position of your valves has nothing to do with the green pool...

You want to set your valves so the the main drain is only open about 10% and the skimmer is fully open.

In your pool2 pic, your main drain appears to be shut off.. Just move the handle to the 2 o'clock position.

To clear a green pool you need to do a SLAM.. SLAM Process

I suggest that you take a read through our Pool School..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: LeahEox
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.