Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Hi,

Pump was working this morning. I left the house for some errands and when I returned it had stopped. The pump is a 6-year old US Motors 2-speed programmable pump. The display is still working.

When I try to fire the pump back up, I hear a click then nothing. The impeller is free of debris and turns freely. I replaced the start capacitor in June, so I don't think that's the issue. Plus, a bad start capacitor will generally hum when the pump tries to start.

Any ideas? I am not terribly handy with electrical and have never taken a pump apart before but I can learn :) Let me know if I can post any pictures to help troubleshoot.

Thanks,
Dan

Reactions: charlieTX
As a followup, I let the pump cool down and tried starting it again after about an hour. I heard the familiar hum and decided to try a new capacitor. After installing the new capacitor the pump starting running again.

Reactions: charlieTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.