Gtoledanes

May 29, 2020
Houston
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I live in Houston, TX where there is one day freeze expected on Monday.

What’s the optimum low speed rpm I should set my pool pump to for the upcoming freeze to run 24/7? How long should I run it 24/7? Currently it runs at 2550 rpms. I have a pentair intelliflo vs. there is an auto run during freeze feature and is working well because I noticed the water features turn on below 35 F.

i have already changed the pool pump and
cleaner schedules to run 24/7.

I will also wrap the pipes up tomorrow and cover the equipment area with a tarp.

Hoping the electricity holds but have already read a few forum posts on what to do if it doesn’t.

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
G,

I run my IntelliFlo pump 24/7 all year long for less than $20 bucks a month, so a few days won't be a problem. Mine is running most of the time at 1200 RPM, but anything between 1200 and your 2550 should work just fine.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Gtoledanes

MrsChz

Sep 26, 2020
Houston
Our pool builder set our “freeze protection“ setting to 1800 rpm. We don’t have anything fancy, everything is manual. So I just hit the button and it runs all night. But it’s set at 1800 rpm.

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
If you have a heater 1800 would work better, but without a heater then 1200 is plenty... Heaters add a lot of backpressure to the plumbing and require faster speeds to move the same amount of water.

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.