Pool pump not starting. Looks like the PUMP is making a humming or buzz sound when on.

vic703622

Jun 18, 2022
USA
I have a Pentair pool la01n and Intelliflo VS- SVRS pool pump. When I turn the pump, I hear the buzzing sound coming from the pump (not the pool pump).
On the Intelliflo I see alarm code F90059 over current.

Video of the humming sound: WhatsApp Video 2022-06-18 at 7.19.53 PM
image of pumps. 20220618-190915
Pool pump error code: Whats-App-Image-2022-06-18-at-7-19-53-PM

Not sure if the pool pump is gone bad or the pump (the black one) or capacitor?

Thanks for the help or comment.

Vic,

Did you reset the breaker that provides power to both pumps?

The hum does sound like a bad cap in the black booster pump, but that should not cause the IntelliFlo to shut down.

If you have reset the breaker, then you need to measure the input voltage to the IntelliFlo right at the pump with a voltmeter. Test between L1 and L2 input wires and you should get 240 Volts AC.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
The fault in the booster pimp could be causing an issue with the power to the IntelliFlo. Computers don't like bad power supplies!

I have a guy coming today to look at it. I also swapped out a new capacitor on the booster pump but still a buzzing sound, and the IntelliFlo just errors out with overcurrent code. Most are out of stock on IntelliFlo, but I found one dealer 1hr away who has one just in case I need a new pump.

Vic,

Did you reset the breaker that provide power to both pumps?

The hum does sound like a bad cap in the black booster pump, but that should no cause the IntelliFlo to shut down.

If you have reset the breaker, then you need to measure the input voltage to the IntelliFlo right at the pump with a voltmeter. Test between L1 and L2 input wires and you should get 240 Volts AC.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks Jim.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.