pool pump gets weak on vacuuming

I can affirm that when I started using BBB my CYA was around 65 and I was able to rid my pool of an algae outbreak without using the waste setting.

I have used that setting primarily when excess rain drove up the water level in the pool. I have a sand filter which is very forgiving when dealing with algae - albeit slow.

Sent via Tapatalk...

jblizzle said:
I also want to point out the the shock level of FC for a CYA level of 60ppm is significantly higher than 8-10ppm. Review the Chlorine / CYA chart and the Shock Process in Pool School to see that the shock level to maintain through the entire process is actually a FC of 24ppm.

Likely you should be leaving the floor popups on all the time and only switching the valve if you want to rub the other features. The wall returns are usually just a secondary return to use if the floor system was not working properly.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Good advice about FC of 24ppm.

So I should leave the popups running with the pump at night? Will do.

labbatsbrew said:
Good advice about FC of 24ppm.

So I should leave the popups running with the pump at night? Will do.

I honestly don't know if you should or shouldn't. My impression is that in floor systems eat up a lot of electricity due to the high volume of water required to be pumped. The shock process takes a while and during that you are advised to run 24x7 - so your electric bill may suffer if you have to run the popups the entire time.

Bama Rambler said:
Actually the popups require high pressure not high flow. Higher pressure means lower electric usage by the pump.
Thanks I had no idea. I do recall seeing posts that said they were energy hogs but I guess that might be related to the length of time needed to run them?

- Sent using Tapatalk

Bama Rambler said:
It's partly that, and because it takes a fairly large pump to achieve the pressure and flow required. So it takes a lot more power than if you could use a small pump or run the pump on low speed.
Since this pool has secondary returns; which better during shocking: low speed and secondary returns or high speed via popups (assuming there is a low speed option).

Sent via Tapatalk...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.