pool pilot power supply

Aug 10, 2007
long island, ny
hello everyone. brand new to swg sys. i just bought a dig 220 pool pilot. power supplied from an external timer, 1 speed pump powered by pp. i mounted the swg inside my gazebo which is 9 feet away from my pump/filter set. i have a switch to control power to swg. so here's the set up: TIMER>SWITCH>SWG>1 SP. PUMP. with swg being inside the gazebo, & switch by the pump set, i use the switch to turn on/off the swg to backwash, clean pump basket, etc. my question is, is it harmful to the swg to be turned on/off a few times whenever i perform these things? i know the ideal way is to use the swg to control pump. ty.

The SWCG can be turned off at any time. It is imperative that it has the power removed from it when the pump is off.

It will not hurt the SWCG. Sounds like your Pool Pilot controller has a relay in it to control the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.