Shawnee/KS
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital PPC1 (RC-35)
Low cell volt warning light came on today. I cleaned the salt cell even though it didn't look bad. Here are the #'s from the control panel.

Salt: 2700ppm need to add 52 lbs
Volts: 3
Amps: 4.7
Hours: 29160
Temperature: 79 deg Although the thermometer floating in the pool reads 87 deg

This is on a Pool Pilot Digital nano plus. Model 75043. The pool and equipment are over 4 years old.

I will add salt tomorrow. Not sure if low salt can cause this warning. Otherwise, owners manual noted that it could be a bad power cord. Not sure what else to look at.

Thank you for any assistance.

If the cell is clean, try a new power cord and check the fuse.

Try this:
Deactivate Boost.
Power off for 1 minute.
Power on.
Activate Boost.
Do Test Pool Pilot.

I shut the unit off and tried putting it on boost. This gave me a few different readings. Initially after putting it in boost it read:
Salt: 1900ppm need to add 170 lbs
Volts: 0
Amps: 0.2
Temperature: 79 deg

I waited a minute or two then rechecked the numbers a few more times and they were:
Salt: 2600ppm need to add 70 lbs
Volts: 16 rechecked and got 17v
Amps: 5.1 rechecked and got 5 amps
Temperature: 79 deg

Rained last night so I can see why salt went down a little. Not sure what the initial reading right after hitting boost was. Salt, volts and amps seem way off but then looks like they normalized.

Still need to go out and get salt and check the fuse and buy a new power cable.

Thank you for any further assistance.

The diagnostic readings from Test Pool Pilot always seem a little bit erratic.

If you know how, I would rig up a test to check the voltage and current going to the cell using 2 multimeters at the same time and compare the readings to what's showing on the screen.

The diagnostic readings from Test Pool Pilot always seem a little bit erratic.

If you know how, I would rig up a test to check the voltage and current going to the cell using 2 multimeters at the same time and compare the readings to what's showing on the screen.
I do have a couple multimeters but sad to say I dont know how to use them. Not sure what settings I would need to put them on and where would i need to put the leads?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.