Pool Owners' Hurricane Guide

Tree fell damaging wall of pool.

I'm well west of New Bern (and 120 miles inland) and wind is intermittent but violent in very brief gusts. Have had to clean out skimmer basket 2x this morning. After last time, wised up and turned off the pump. #idiot

My primary concern: falling trees. My AGP sits at the edge of a birch and poplar grove, both being shallow rooted species.

Not much here yet. It's a very humid, cloudy August day so far with intermittent rain. Nothing unusual for this area. Yet.

Been raining here in Delaware most of the day. Brought up my FC level pretty high in anticipation of a possible power loss. Keep the rains coming. At least it will help me with my high CYA :)
I have been pumping water off like crazy !!!!

Will add CO2 detector to my list. We have a generator and it saved us during Ike. Also had a battery operated TV/Radio setup...ours rocked! We sat in the living room and watched the Weather Channel...saw the storm as it came right over us. Now with HD it's obsolete, so we replaced it....but those are a great investment. Keeps you updated on news, instructions, etc. Highly recommend getting one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.