Pool Owner in Katy, TX

tamarindo421

Aug 23, 2019
Katy, TX
I bought a house with a pool back in August 2019. Never had a pool growing up so didn't have much exposure to pool care and maintenance. Have loved working on and maintaining my pool (as well as swimming in it) but realize there is still a lot I don't know. Our pool heater went out recently and rather than paying someone to fix it I'm toying with the idea of repairing it myself. I'm fairly mechanically inclined having worked around and on machinery the last 11 years. Anywho, thanks for reading!

Welcome to TFP! :wave: If you run into any snags later with the heater, post a new thread in the appropriate sub-forum and I'm sure some of our members can assist. Oh, and don't forget to update your signature with all of your pool and equipment details. Have a great day.
ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
Test Kits Compared

Welcome! Make yourself at home. Plenty of folks in your town are on board here.

I installed an inside Endless Pool in conjunction with a house addition about ten years ago. I did this to help me manage Multiple Sclerosis and maintain mobility. The pool is 7 X 14 and I walk in it and do exercises. Not big enough to actually swim in....so really a therapy pool. Did not buy the whole thing new. Instead purchased the panels from Craigslist and bought a reinstall kit. Much less expensive this way. Installation was done by trained technician. It has been a big help over the years. My MS has progressed and I need help now getting in and out. Love the pool!

Reactions: bmoreswim