Pool overhaul in Utah. Building a spa, and I have questions!

Jul 15, 2016
Bountiful
So, overhauling a 1960s concrete pool, and adding a spa which is one story above the pool and flowing into the pool via waterfall. Here is my question/issue: I was planning on building my spa out of insulated concrete forms, or concrete blocks, either would be filled with concrete/cement. My plaster guy says this is a horrible idea and there is no way to bond the plaster to either. I think I have seen products on the market that will bond everything properly. I don't want to be delusional though and build a spa that will just leak.

So, has anyone used icfs of concrete block to build their spa, and used plaster or similar materials as the finish product?

Thanks for your help!
Joe

Welcome to TFP!

You know, I think we have seen some things pool and spa built at least partly this way. If you look and search around I think you'll find some. I wanted to welcome you aboard, and wish you luck on your project. Enjoy your time on the forum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.