Pool overflow issue

cstouder22

Jun 24, 2019
New Orleans
We have a recently installed inground pool with a Pool Miser autofill/overflow. The overflow drain is connected to our subsurface drainage underneath the travertine decking. The exit point for our subsurface drainage is out by the street by the curb. My issue/question is that the exit point keeps having water drain from it all day long. We haven’t had significant rain lately, so it’s got to be coming from the pool overflow. This has gone on all day today. When I open up the top of the Pool Miser, I see water draining into the pipe. What could the problem be? Why does the pool overflow keep draining all day long?

Have you adjusted the autofill valve so your pool water level stays well below the overflow drain?

Not sure what that means. First time pool owner. Pool builder is coming tomorrow but I’ve lost faith in his knowledge. Here are a few pics.

Attachments

• 797EEE7C-4F55-4ADB-BC33-E0CE5ECB5EFB.jpeg
    797EEE7C-4F55-4ADB-BC33-E0CE5ECB5EFB.jpeg
    548.9 KB · Views: 27
  • F9CCD2D3-A1BF-4AA4-9F49-D47309772678.jpeg
    F9CCD2D3-A1BF-4AA4-9F49-D47309772678.jpeg
    782.7 KB · Views: 26
You should be able to adjust the height of the black float in the autofill well. You can see the water is up to the overflow pipe. It should be a good inch or so below that. The water should be at the mid point or just under of the skimmer entrance.

Reactions: cstouder22
You should be able to adjust the height of the black float in the autofill well. You can see the water is up to the overflow pipe. It should be a good inch or so below that. The water should be at the mid point or just under of the skimmer entrance.
Thank you!
Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.