Pool opening

Amyannwilson

Aug 9, 2019
Iowa
Can someone advise me if I need to worry about the PH during opening. This is what I’ve done so far. I just opened yesterday. I Did chlorine, Muratic acid and stabilizer. Today I did only the suggested amount of chlorine, but it also says to add soda ash. I plan to continue on with the SLAM until water is clear. And then focus on my PH is this ok. I put my logs below. Thanks

48DCBDEA-F835-42A3-A045-FE88019E7045.png48DCBDEA-F835-42A3-A045-FE88019E7045.png

How did you decide how much Muriatic Acid to put in when you opened? Your TA is high, which should pull your pH upwards fairly quickly. If you have some water features or fountains they'll speed that up. Tossing a few kids around the pool should help raise your pH quickly too!

I don't want you to get on an up-down-up-down roller coaster, so try the above ideas first, okay?

Maddie :flower:

How did you decide how much Muriatic Acid to put in when you opened? Your TA is high, which should pull your pH upwards fairly quickly. If you have some water features or fountains they'll speed that up. Tossing a few kids around the pool should help raise your pH quickly too!

I don't want you to get on an up-down-up-down roller coaster, so try the above ideas first, okay?

Maddie :flower:
I have the app and with the numbers I put in yesterday it suggested that I add the Muratic acid and with today’s numbers it suggested soda ash. I will Just test tomorrow and see. Unfortunately no water features and not real sure I could convince any kids to get in, as it’s a green lagoon right now. 🤣🤣🤣. Thanks for you input

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.