Pool opening season and it's my first. Happy to have found this resource

VivasPool

May 5, 2023
Michigan
Hello All, newb here (yay) but not a forum newb. Figured I'd find myself the best forum for pool advice and this seems to be the place.

Just opened our new pool up for the first time. Thinking the "free" pool opening from our Pool company was going to set us up with at least a head start but that didn't happen.
They just took the safety cover off, folded it and put it in it's bag, got the pump and heater working, put the skimmer baskets in, vacuumed bottom for about 20 minutes, told me one of my 3 lights were out and they bounced.
So, I am here to figure out what I need (TF-PRO Salt test kit for starters) to balance the water and quickly thinking I want/need a robot.

If I do ask a redundant question, I apologize in advance and I will try my hardest to find the answers already posted.

Lets float! Cheers
Shawn

Hey Shawn and Welcome !!!
If I do ask a redundant question, I apologize in advance and I will try my hardest to find the answers already posted
I'm always on the fence here. Sometimes it's frustrating answering the same thing for the 100th time, but I've also seen it go south plenty of times that the newb read something that they didn't know didn't apply to them.

If you don't see your exact scenerio clearly spelled out, never hesitate to ask. :)

Reactions: VivasPool
and this seems to be the place
It most definitely is! Glad you found us, Shawn. Ask away. There are many of us here that desperately need to be needed. So really, you're doing us the favor. Uh, I don't mean me, of course, just, well, you know, some of the others here. ;)