Pool Opening Issues

SCon36

Jul 2, 2014
Bedford, KY
I've got a few things going on during opening. First, I have a green pool. It's the very first time I've opened green. I'm not too worried, I'm following the plans outlined on this site. However, I do have a few other things. My drain plug on my pump housing is stripped out. Plan A is to fill the hole with silicone sealant and insert the plug. Plan B will involve a black rubber plug. Is there anything else that you have found that works on this?

My pool level is low on start. I know we had 5" less rain this last period my pool was closed vs previous year. Also, we had a long warm fall that could have led to more evaporation than usual. Should I be concerned about this? Most seasons water starts to protrude through the cover. This season, I was about an inch above my return line and never made it to the bottom of the skimmer. Let me know your thoughts.

I think you have a good plan on fixing the drain plug. Is there only one or two drain plugs like on some pumps?

I wouldn't be too concerned about the water level. I would certainly mark that current level so that you know where it was. If you refill, then start to noticeably lose water, somewhere at that height you marked before filling is where to look for problems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.