Pool Opening, Intex SWG, Sand Filter Pump

PoolNY

May 25, 2023
NY
Last year, we installed a new saltwater pool and followed the closing procedures for the winter, with one mistake of using a porous pool cover. When I opened the pool, I discovered a significant amount of debris, particularly pine needles, along with some green substance that could be pollen or algae, considering the high pollen count this year.

However, upon connecting the pool pump, I immediately encountered a low flow alarm, with very little pressure (mostly in the green zone), and the flow eventually dropped to nothing. I'm now in a dilemma about how to clean the pool effectively without proper flow. I have already cleaned the pipes and checked the connections, but everything seems to be in order. Upon inspecting the sand, I noticed it was filled with algae or the green substance (I cleaned the top layer). BTW the alarm only goes off briefly after backwashing and rinsing.

Pool water is kind of cloudy, seeing lot of debris floating in water, has kind of swampy smell! Worth the changing all the water ( 8400 Gallons -_-) ?!?!?

My question is whether I should first remove the debris from the pool floor ( using handheld vacuum or something) and balance the pool, or balance water and the remove the debris ( that is even possible ?! ) . Additionally, I would appreciate any suggestions on addressing this issue effectively.

Welcome to TFP.

The small Intex pump and filter is not good at clearing a big algae problem in the pool.

Your best bet is to drain the water, clean the surfaces the best you can , and refill the pool.

Then do the SLAM Process to kill any residual algae.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.