Pool not bonded.

Echotango

Nov 18, 2021
Hardeeville SC
I have a 16 x 32 in ground vinyl liner pool. Pool has wood side walls and a aluminum enclosure. The pool is 33 years old and just had the 3rd replacement liner installed. There was no wire installed under the concrete. The electric motor on the pump has a ground rod and is grounded ,also the ground inside the pump is tied to the house ground in the main electrical box. I have read the aluminum enclosure should be grounded also. Should I try to ground the enclosure?

Welcome to TFP.

Grounding is not bonding.

Grounding and bonding protect from two different hazards.

Bonding is a system that keeps all conductive parts of the pool at equipotential to prevent shocking. Doing individual pieces does not accomplish any bonding.

Typically the water, metal pool structure, deck if it is conductive, pump, gas heater, and any other equipment that can have electrical contact with the water is connected together to form the bonding grid.

Read...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.