Pool newbie in Southern California

gdo

Apr 26, 2022
Orange County
Hi everyone,

I've bought a house in Orange County and it came with a pool. I'm finally able to focus a bit on it and want to learn how it works as I'm a pool newbie.

The pool is in ground gunite, with spa overflowing in pool, and pool overflowing into a basin. Estimate 20 Kgal.

As far as I can tell, the automation is a Pentair EasyTouch 8, there are 3 Intelliflow VS pumps: circulating/filter pump, booster pump (spa) and fountain pump. There are 2 other water bodies for other waterfall features that are powered by 2 fixed speed pumps.

There's a gas heater, a salt cell, and a ScreenLogic Interface Wireless Link that plugs into my LAN via ethernet and talks to the pool equipment.

Some of the projects I'd like to tackle:
1) add a heat pump to extend the swim season
2) upgrade the automation system to IntelliCenter (it looks like there’s an upgrade kit for the ET8), as the current system works but is clunky (app bugs, no wifi, no OTA updates, no connectivity with Alexa)

Great to meet you all! Looking forward to learning tons.

Sounds like quite the set-up. Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Reactions: gdo
Welcome to the forum!
If you have Screenlogic2, you have wifi control. Just get and set up the app.
I suggest you read through Pool School - Trouble Free Pool and even look at a few of our videos TFP-TV - Trouble Free Pool
Thanks!

Yeah I've set that up and have the app (on my iPhone it's called ScreenLogic, not ScreenLogic2?). It works but it's clunky (schedule UI is buggy, unable to change password, not maintained anymore), but good enough for the basics.

Will take a look at the links you provided (I think I've been there before: that page looks familiar :) )