Pool math vs Pool Calculator

Jun 15, 2019
San Antonio TX
I used pool math to add dry acid to my pool to come down from 8.0 to 7.6, but the amount given did not even bring me close. Does pool math take in consideration the amount of Borates ?.Borate 50, TA 80
P.S- I used a different pool app called pool calculator which said it took in consideration the borates and the dry acid was up to 80 ounces..that was crazy..which app do you believe is correct?

If you tap the add logs at the bottom, choose test results and there you can record your borates. It should then show when you tap the borates button on the home screen, and I'm fairly sure it will show it when you do calculations.

PoolMath App
PoolMath Webpage
Pool Calculator

They all use the same math to determine the amount of chemicals you need to add. The calculator behind each was all wrote by by the same person. There’s been UI changes behind the scenes on each but the math behind the calculators are all the same.

Drop me an email at [email protected] and I’ll assist you further there. I’m out of town so I’ll be slow, but we’ll get you setup.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.