Pool Math........The App

Just an FYI, so far I cannot log in either using my known good credentials for this forum. Should I try an alternate approach or just wait until things get sorted out?

Wanted to give all an update.

So yesterday we had just shy of 3,000 downloads happen between iOS and Android, WAY more than expected. Unfortuntally something somewhere along the way occurred that we're still attempting to sort out. Overnight I was able to login consistently between 2am and about 7am however after that whatever issue that was occurring started back up. For the most part we've ruled out the increased activity as a cause as whatever is occurring happens even when we shutdown the app.

Right now we have support from both Microsoft and Realm looking into things and hope to make things work correctly shortly. Again, I am greatly sorry for the disappointment. I've gotta put full blame on myself as just the other day I made the comment "notice how quiet it is" after the last update. :(
Lee

Weird, after a bunch of attempts, spinning sign in wheel, then shut down the app and back in, seems to have logged in after all. For the heck of it I then logged out. Tried to log back in, then just sat there with spinning sign in wheel. Left it for several minutes until phone screen locked. Came back and it was logged in again. So, just seems to take a long time right now.

I was able to get logged in today. I just put in my info, and let it turn for about 2-3 mins (kept touching my screen to keep it from going to sleep) and then it logged in. I think I'll wait till all the bugs are worked out before trying to use it to save my data. Just in case it gets wiped out for some reason :)

But it's a step in the right direction! :)

I was able to get logged in today. I just put in my info, and let it turn for about 2-3 mins (kept touching my screen to keep it from going to sleep) and then it logged in. I think I'll wait till all the bugs are worked out before trying to use it to save my data. Just in case it gets wiped out for some reason :)

But it's a step in the right direction! :)

You can still use the app and log data. Just export your data to CSV format and you'll always have a copy. Or you can create regular backups of the database in JSON format for restoration later.

Installed the iPhone app today. Fantastic! I subscribed and started entering readings from the past few months. I love the CSI calculation! It gives me confidence about the overall chemistry and "health" of the pool.

Thanks guys!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Leebo,

I installed the iPhone app about 2 hours ago and had trouble signing in at first, but then after several attempts I was able to log in. It took about 5 minutes to return from the login screen (with spinning dial), so if I hadn't been patient, I might have concluded that it was broken. Anyway, I just let it work on it, and finally it came up. All works well at this point. Thanks for doing this app!!!!!! :)

Wanted to give all an update.

So yesterday we had just shy of 3,000 downloads happen between iOS and Android, WAY more than expected. Unfortuntally something somewhere along the way occurred that we're still attempting to sort out. Overnight I was able to login consistently between 2am and about 7am however after that whatever issue that was occurring started back up. For the most part we've ruled out the increased activity as a cause as whatever is occurring happens even when we shutdown the app.

Right now we have support from both Microsoft and Realm looking into things and hope to make things work correctly shortly. Again, I am greatly sorry for the disappointment. I've gotta put full blame on myself as just the other day I made the comment "notice how quiet it is" after the last update. :(
Lee

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wasn't the app supposed to "calculate what I need to do" after entering my test data?

From the email announcing the app, it says "Simply plug in your numbers and the app will calculate what you need to do.

I can't find any "what do to" items. Am I missing it?

Overseas some countries use the comma where the US uses a decimal point. If the user has their keyboard in iOS set to these foreign settings errors will occur.

I'll bump this issue up again to see the progress.

Any updates on the decimal bug? It's actually not the keyboard setting nor the region setting but the iPad language setting. If I set it to "English" the app works, allowing me to enter decimal numbers using either , or . With the language setting to "Swedish", I can't enter decimals with , nor .

You can still use the app and log data. Just export your data to CSV format and you'll always have a copy. Or you can create regular backups of the database in JSON format for restoration later.

You can export to CSV format? How do you go about doing that? I do not see that option.

You can export to CSV format? How do you go about doing that? I do not see that option.
Under settings, at the bottom.
4044c123fc2ad7bf4b177125804a7aaf.jpg

dkimble,

This must be on the subscription version. The free version has a button at the bottom labeled "Delete this Pool".

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.