Pool Math........The App

Just got the latest update on my Android Galaxy S4. App will not fully open now, starts to open but keeps spinning. I will try and reboot my phone and see if that helps.
Mine is doing the exact thing. Then telling me it's a beta version and to get the stable one from Google Play Store

Just got the latest update on my Android Galaxy S4. App will not fully open now, starts to open but keeps spinning. I will try and reboot my phone and see if that helps.

Google pixel is doing the same

Uninstalling the app and reinstalling didnt help

Restarting phone didnt help

Just spinsspins.jpg

If you were on the android beta, please do me a favour and uninstall the version you have. Then go to the play store and install from there. You should see something in the "What's New" section about "Fixed focus on text entry fields. Fixed missing Notes in CSV Export". If you don't see that yet, the latest update probably hasn't rolled out to you yet.

If that still doesn't work, please try going into your device's Settings -> Application Settings -> Pool Math and then do "Force Stop" and also "Clear Data" and "Clear Cache". Restart the app and try again.

I'm not entirely sure why you're seeing this but i suspect it has something to do with old data being cached...

force stop and clear seems to have helped

Now get sign in screen

full disclosure - you cant reimport your logs from the beta unless/ until you upgrade to Premium for $8 a year ...

Not complaining - worth it - just disclosing

Ok update - again = maybe I didnt need to upgrade THats still unclear - I was trying to find an import option in the GUI

In fact what I needed to do was open the attachment in my email on the phone and it opens with pool math and attempts an import

- I clicked on the export file in my email to import
The import window opened but imported no dataScreenshot_20170616-083545.jpg

Ok, force stop, clear data worked.

I upgraded for 8 dollars, but I dont see on the app a button to restore my data. I did export my data during the beta testing (although I did not do it right before I updated the app so I might have lost a few days)

Leebo and Jon, first, thank you for all your hard work and late nights I'm sure in getting this App through it into the stores. I'm sure it will be a great asset to all those who use it.

Now that it is released to the public, you may want to update the Privacy Policy on the TFP.com website to include information about the App and how it's data is used and stored. There is / has been a great long discussion about social logins and you should mention what information is collected and stored. Especially since the site flat out says that hackers could easily break the data.

Tried the app just now, seems to be easy and useful. I went ahead and subscribed, bc this site has been a great help to me otherwise and its a small cost to continue supporting this. Logged a couple days (from my excel spreadsheet) and could not have been easier. Tried to do the backup, and it did close the app, which is fine. windering where I find the backed-up data on this site? Thanks for this product.

Yay! I just set it up on iPhone.

Here is how I imported data:
- Download app, and log into app
- Go to email where you sent backed up data. Click on backed up data attachment and you will get option to "Copy to Pool". Click that and it will import.
- My pool showed up, but data wasn't there originally. To fix, I logged out of app and then back in and data was there. You just can't get your logs until you subscribe. Which I happily did.

By the way, love the addition of the bleach price calculator.

Lastly, any thought about putting annoucement of release as a sticky in "Getting Started" section of forum? Not everyone checks this part of forum, and you may get a lot more people downloading since that is more frequented section

Been looking forward to this. Installed, upgraded to premium, imported data ... very nice. Is there a plan to have the pool calculator included in a future version?

Found the calculators - just click on the chemical you need to adjust in the Overview.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Been looking forward to this. Installed, upgraded to premium, imported data ... very nice. Is there a plan to have the pool calculator included in a future version?

Ongoing development. Future updates will include "Effects of Adding Chemical" as well as chemical additions logging. This is the v1.0 release. More updates will come out as the developer gets to them.

Same here. Everything worked as expected.

If you click one of the fields in the overview, it will calculate chemical additions just like the Pool Math Calculator! Works awesome!

PMCL.jpg

Last edited:
For starters.....I'd like to call out Jon and thank him greatly!! There's NO way the App would be without his work. The idea's he's already got going on in his head is amazing. He's put up with me bugging him daily for almost the last year and done an amazing job setting this up.

Next off......I'd like to thank all of those who helped during the Beta testing. Clearly there were some MAJOR issues that you put up with and there likely are going to be more in the future. Without your assistance and idea's though the App wouldn't be even close to what it is. We still have a good bit of additional work to do until it's right where we want it but I hope this release will do until then. :wink:

I'd also like to thank each of you that have already subscribed to the App OR supported TFP via donations. Your funds are what pays for all of this to be created. Just like on the website there are no Ads. There is no affiliate programs. We are ONLY funded by your donations and subscriptions. We thank you greatly for helping fund our crazy mission to greatly improve pool care for as many people out there as we possibly can! If you haven't subscribed to the app, please do so. If you haven't supported TFP via donation, please do so here. We've got several other crazy idea's we'd like to do to help pool owners everywhere. :D

Lastly, I am very sorry for the delay but we hope the extra changes worth it. In this version you can now login using your TFP UserName and Password PLUS there's a handy little bleach price calculator. Truth be told though......the bleach price one was mostly for me. I cannot tell you how many times I've been standing there debating which was the better deal, 8% at $2.99 or 10% at $3.55. In the future there will be handy little updates like this issued to help you, maintain your pool. TFP is FULL of knowledge and this knowledge will be built into the App.

For those on Android having issues. Please see this post for more details. I will also work later today to try and get a tutorial for those needing assistance loading your backups over. For the most part it's very much the same as importing the CSV files but I'll get something more detailed uploaded soon.

Lastly for all.........favor to ask of each of you! Even if you don't subscribe PLEASE download the App and give us your feedback. Your input will be what continues to improve this project. PoolMath will NOT stop being improved just because it's now live. We want so much more out of it. Additionally we ask that you please take a few minutes and give us a review in the appropriate App store. Rankings, downloads and reviews are a major factor in how much attention an App gets on each of the stores. The more downloads, the higher the rankings, the better the reviews are the more downloads we will get. The more downloads we get the more users outside of TFP we can help clear their pools. Please take a minute and give us a 5!

Thank you all for your support! It's been a blast putting this together!

Can't get my backup to restore for the life of me. Tried both the exported backup and CSV file. When I choose to open the files with Pool Math app the app force closes on me.

Tried removing cache and data and uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling app with no success.

Sent bug reports from force close screen, let me know if there is anything else I can provide.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.