Pool Math........The App

Please continue to keep one key item in mind, we are not complete with our first priority just yet. When we started testing we wanted to make sure we had a polished product with a stable foundation. Regardless of features or login preferences we think our goal of a stable product with a natural User Interface has been met. To finish off our first priority we still need to get the App submitted to the App Store and launched for real......not via testing. That is our only priority at this point.

From there we have a clear list being created of future wishes that we will look at when starting on version 2. What those updates are, we're not 100% sure just yet.

I joined the testing on 4-26-17. Since then I updated once to version 1.0.0. I've tried to check to see if there has been another update I should do, but I don't see one. Just checking to make sure I'm using the most current version for testing purposes.

As the others..... Thank you so very much for your hard work and unimaginable hours on this app! It's amazing already - boggles my mind!

Suz

Hey everyone! Started to open the pool yesterday and added the beta app. Love it so far.
I do have one suggestion or request. Is it possible to have the amount of chemicals required for addition to also be displayed in metric? Us Canadians have our bottles listed in kgs and litres, it would help simplify my life.
Keep up the good work. Looking forward to the finished product! Thanks

Last edited:
Hey everyone! Started to open the pool yesterday and added the beta app. Love it so far.
I do have one suggestion or request. Is it possible to have the amount of chemicals required for addition to also be displayed in metric? Us Canadians have our bottles listed in kgs and litres, it would help simplify my life.
Keep up the good work. Looking forward to the finished product! Thanks

If you set your pool volume up in liters it displays metric for chemical additions.

Hi,

First I want to say thanks for the great tool you gave us, it's Awesome!

I have just seen that I can't log any decimal value for my results. Also in pH, Fc and borates, the hint uses comma as separator, but the CC hint uses a point.
It may have to do with the fact that my phone is configured to use the comma for decimal values (Europe)? When I tap on the decimal point (the keyboard shows a point and not a comma) I see the point being written in the field, but when I enter the next digit the point is overridden.

Sorry if this problem is already known, I tried to describe it as well as I could!

I'm using the app on android, version 1.0.0

Dito on the decimal bug as described by Nitrock28. I am only able to enter whole numbers. I'm on IOS with region set to Sweden, which means we use , not . for decimals. Neither works. Using a , is just ignored. If I enter e.g 7,2 for ph, the result is 72. If I enter 7.2 the result is 2. App version is latest from 5 May.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just opened my pool yesterday and am loving this app. My only small tweak requests are:

1. When adding a log entry CC should be just below FC since those tests are performed right after each other with the same water sample.

2. When displaying how much of a chemical to add to change a level show what other levels will also be affected (for example, adding 24 Oz of 31.45% muriatic acid to lower pH by 0.43 you will also lower TA by 7)

In honesty, I'm not 100% sure what number were on. Mine reads version 130(152) in TestFlight but this is a test for me to approve. I cannot give you an exact build as I'm ahead for now.

On iOS if you open TestFlight you'll see the App listed there. If there's an update available you'll see the option there. On Android you'll simply go to the App Store and update as usual.

Here is an example of how I use the app. I do my testing inside where it is nice and comfortable and punch my test results in on my iPad. I then take my iPhone outside where the chemicals are, open the app and my results are right there.

If the data was only stored locally this would not work.

Seems that this has been addressed many times. If you do not like it, then turn off your data plan and it will keep it all locally. Or use something else until the time where alternate methods in PoolMath are developed ... which is a low priority.

Fair enough. Where is the cloud data being stored?

Been testing app for about a week and love it. I have noticed what I think is a bug. I had originally tracked how often I brushed. I have since turned that tracking off, but I get the alert that "Brushing is 1 day overdue".

Been testing app for about a week and love it. I have noticed what I think is a bug. I had originally tracked how often I brushed. I have since turned that tracking off, but I get the alert that "Brushing is 1 day overdue".

Jon, the developer is out of town this week attending a conference for Google and I haven't had much communication with him concerning the App. Darn full time jobs getting in the way! I've added this issue to our tracker and will get it addressed. It may or may not be on the next update however, depending on how difficult it is to fix.

I've discovered in iOS if I submit a log entry. Then return to it to adjust a value. For example, change my salt from 2850 to 2650 ppm and return to the Log screen, it doesn't not reflect the new salt ppm value. However if I tap that log entry the detail within shows correct 2650 ppm value. If I close the app and relaunch, it will refresh the Log list view.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.