Pool Math........The App

There should be an update awaiting all users. Visit TestFlight or GooglePlay to update. In this update some Slam values were updated to match the website better. Additionally the box size for Borax was updated to 65oz which is currently what's sold in stores today. Lastly, a few bugs that were found before were corrected. :)

IF you were seeing errors with your FC values being different from the website while using the SWG values add a new CYA test to the log (or update an old one) and it should push a new result for your suggested values.

Got the update. So far so good. I'll add some more test data today.

I found an issue with the app. While trying to delete multiple logs entries. The app will only allow you to delete one log. Then it will not allow you to slide over and view the delete button. I closed the app then reopened it to delete one log entry at a time then have to close the app again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found an issue. I incorrectly entered the wrong salt setting which impacted the csi. I went back in to edit and it didn't update the main screen.

7b01e8d0da92d78b0ebfb92b60433613.jpg

57c90ad8bc7c9c301cd132f74126b0a7.jpg

I've updated both my phone and iPad and it now retains my set targets. :D

For the first time in my pools history I'm now over the CH range. The ability to set my tap water CH and calculate the % water change is great. It always defaults to a tap water CH of 40ppm and will not retain my tap water CH value, should it or could it retain the user value?

That made me think of CYA in an over range situation. Would it be possible to add a % water change function with the default tap water CYA value set at 0ppm?

I like the beta version of the app. I've been using it for the last couple weeks. I don't think it's worth $10 at the App Store (I'm an iPhone user). But let's see what happens when you release it

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I've been looking for an app like this for the last couple years. The math+log is the winner. I used it as a shopping list today. If/when I come across a bug I'll let you know.

- - - Updated - - -

I like the beta version of the app. I've been using it for the last couple weeks. I don't think it's worth $10 at the App Store (I'm an iPhone user). But let's see what happens when you release it

Free is nice...but the cost of a mediocre lunch, or a few bottles of chlorine isn't much to ask.

Today, before updating the app (which went fine and could see the changes) I was entering about 10 days of testing. Twice the app shut down as I was hitting the Check in the upper right. Both times I had consecutively entered about 5 tests. It's also possible that each time only a note was entered. Though one time I only entered a note, it did process the Check correctly. Each time it shut down, the data was saved so no rework was necessary.

Is it possible to see more data on a phone with the app is turned to landscape? Like maybe the temp, and/or notes and/or button selections?

Also, and here's my big one. In addition to entering SWG %, would it also make sense to enter pump run time and then show a calculation of cell hours per day? Because SWG % by itself is not meaningful for those that change pump run time now and then like me.

Love how the app has started...great stuff. And can't wait to see how it progresses and matures over time.

Thanks!!!!

I have purchased the app years ago and so glad they are fixing it again.

Oh and will a repurchase be required to get the new app or a discount?

That's a different app and TFP had/has no affiliation with it. This PoolMath app is completely new. No word yet on the cost structure as it is still in beta-testing.

That's a different app and TFP had/has no affiliation with it. This PoolMath app is completely new. No word yet on the cost structure as it is still in beta-testing.

Thanks for responding. Need this app. I do use the online excel sheet currently and still the old app.

Thanks for the app I have one suggestion and one issue I have found using the latest ios version.

The chlorine dropdown lists Bleach but not LC. You and I know know they are the same thing and % is what matters, but it may be a little confusing for someone using liquid chlorine such as myself to have to choose Bleach from the drop down.

In the first image below, titles of section 2 and 3 are incorrectly displayed as 17 seconds ago and 3 hours ago when they should display 2 days ago. I closed the app removed it from memory and restarted and that corrected the issue as shown in the second image.

View attachment 60636View attachment 60637

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.