Pool Math........The App

Seems easy enough.
cb1a6700d24299cad48e897ca90917d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beta-testing app. When I slid SLAM button to On, automatically put 24 as target FC level, which is twice actual recommended level for my CYA level. Someone who does not know to look at SLAM chart may think this is the recommended FC level based on his/her CYA. Just a thought.
Overall, app is great. Especially love that it does division for you so you know gals. and oz. for bleach and don't have to break out the calculator :))

I too have noticed a few times the SLAM values didn't update just as it was supposed to. Let me push this again and we'll take a look what's up.

I thank each of you for your comments and suggestions concerning PoolMath. Each of these suggestion or errors are being logged and tagged to be addressed in the future. Many of you have asked for various features to be added and the answer is very likely always the same......yes it can be added. The trick is though, I'll never say when. Many of the requests mentioned we too have thought of and we're working at integrating them into the App.

So where we at now? For starters there are still some flaws in the code that's giving some wrong feedback that is being addressed ASAP. Before any new features can be created this must get fixed. After that were running around baby proofing the place. Jon and I are both proud fathers of young children and we both know the trouble that pops up as new things develop. As our children learn to walk they also learn to stick stuff in power outlets. Right now Jon is working to make sure we're warned about any issues before danger occurs. Jon is creating a script that will get ran before each update that automatically tests PoolMath to make sure right answers are given. We wanna make sure that if a user asks how much CYA to add in a 10,000 gallon pool to raise it by 5ppm that PoolMath answers correctly. We know right now we will not pass this test due to some funky results for the SWG however we're making sure we don't fail in the future.

Just signed up and logged both my results from today. I have a constant problem with high TA and PH from my fill water, plus my pool is pretty new and I'm still struggling with how much chlorine to add on a daily basis. I would love to track my chemical usage.

Living in upstate NY I haven't opened my pool yet, but I've been playing with the app for several days now. Can't wait to open up and start entering real data.

One suggestion I have is somehow adding the 'effects of adding chemicals' data like in pool math on the website. I like seeing how much a chemical is going to change numbers other than the one I'm adding it for.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Would be nice if the numbers changed color based on whether they are in range or not. Also, it'd be nice if there was some accompanying information about what happens when the numbers are out of range either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Living in upstate NY I haven't opened my pool yet, but I've been playing with the app for several days now. Can't wait to open up and start entering real data.

One suggestion I have is somehow adding the 'effects of adding chemicals' data like in pool math on the website. I like seeing how much a chemical is going to change numbers other than the one I'm adding it for.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I have requested the same thing :D ... it will certainly be added in the future.

Just downloaded the app today as my pool was just uncovered - but we are unlikely to be swimming for a while in Toronto since it is very cold.

One suggestion, and apologies if this has already been suggested but I didn't read through all 14 pages of this thread):

On the FC page it would be great if there was a way to log the % level that a SWCG is set for. Many of us don't have to often use liquid Cl so it would be nice to have useful information on where we have had to historically set the SWCG.

On your settings page there's an option for "Track SWG Cell %"

Toggle that on and you'll be able to track. In the future we'll start displaying this information in a different way that's more user friendly.

Sorry, I missed that. But it doesn't add anything to the main page. So it appears that this only shows up in the log?

A nice feature in the future might be voice capabilities since when you are testing your pool water your hands are going to likely be wet and/or chemically. It would be nice to say "Siri/Alexa/Google tell Pool Math that my FC is 2.5"

There should be an update awaiting all users. Visit TestFlight or GooglePlay to update. In this update some Slam values were updated to match the website better. Additionally the box size for Borax was updated to 65oz which is currently what's sold in stores today. Lastly, a few bugs that were found before were corrected. :)

IF you were seeing errors with your FC values being different from the website while using the SWG values add a new CYA test to the log (or update an old one) and it should push a new result for your suggested values.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.