Pool Math........The App

We had talked about using different options that would allow the user to setup their own personal weather stations but the pricing was way out of our league. We opted for AccuWeather as it offered a reasonable price per month and room for us to grow as the App becomes used more and more. Let me look to see if Accuweather offers any support though if users want more localized weather conditions.

The app suggests the same levels as the webpage, it’s just displayed somewhat differently.

In these two photos you can see how the items matchup. To my knowledge (which maybe wrong as these kids have ruined my memory) the webpage has never listed a maximum level for SWG’s as at the high end it just matches the levels for Non-SWG’s.

FEATURE REQUEST Re: Pool Math........The App

Love everything about the app! It works perfectly and the "suggested additions" mean I fly through testing and balancing.

I would suggest for hot tub "maintenance" adding a partial (%, inches, or fractional) and full refill. It would help further track when you lower salt, CYA, CH, etc. Also track how long the water is lasting with proper maintenance.

Thanks in advance for everything you all do!!

The app suggests the same levels as the webpage, it’s just displayed somewhat differently.

In these two photos you can see how the items matchup. To my knowledge (which maybe wrong as these kids have ruined my memory) the webpage has never listed a maximum level for SWG’s as at the high end it just matches the levels for Non-SWG’s.
This is correct. Never a max listed for SWG. In fact it used to only list a minimum FC level for a SWG, until we modified the web page last year to include a suggested target.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
When I open pool math on the home page there is a temp button. I try to click on it nothing happens. My question is is this for water temp in my pool or outside air temp? If it’s water temp I can’t open it up to log anything. Am I missing something. I’m using an iPhone 5s

thanks

Hank the "temp label" is not something you push. When you enter new test results the "temp" is another item you add for the water temperature of your pool at the time of testing. It has an effect on overall CSI.

Hello Pool Math Users!

It's been a great season so far with the app. We want to thank everyone who bravely upgraded to version 2 and stuck with us as we ironed out the wrinkles from the first season.

Version 2 is working very well, been extremely stable, and it's now time for us to say good bye to version 1 so we can focus those resources on growing and improving version 2.

If you haven't already updated to version 2, do this now!

On August 1st we will be shutting down the servers for version 1. If you haven't logged into version 2 with the same account you used in version 1 by this date, you will no longer be able to migrate that data to version 2, and that data will be no longer accessible.

We think most users have already done this, but we wanted to give one last warning before we flip the switch.

Thanks again for your support!

Thanks Leobo...my phone app says app version 230 (2517) is this the current version? Asking since I just renewed for the year.

Anybody who’s applied an update since April is more than likely good. If you’re able to track your chemical additions, you’re good. If you have any questions if you’re on version 2 please email us and I’ll help you out.

I have a cya level of 75 in my SWG pool. The poolmath app recommends a FC range of 4 to 11 ppm, with a default target of 5 ppm. The web based poolmath no longer lists a fc range. It simply lists the minimum and target. Where is the app getting the recommended maximum. Why does the web based poolmath no longer list a range?

I try to set my pool levels at the middle of the various ranges. Given the app’s range of 4 to 11, I would set my preferred fc level to about 8 ppm. The app does not allow me to permanently set my desired fc level. Is this restriction deliberate or and error in the app?

p.s. The cya/fc chart does not list a range for SWG pools either.

It would be great if the app remembered the preferred FC levels.

Really like the app - thanks.

Using the IoS app.

One question and one suggestion.

Is there a way to track chemical usage over time? I can see the logs but it would be good to see weekly/monthly summaries.

I like a few others here are using the app for a pool and a spa. The spa uses bromine as a sanitizer - could you add bromine as an option for tracking and sanitizer (yes I know bromine is 2.25 chlorine level)

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

It would be great if the app remembered the preferred FC levels.

Agreed - my cya is 50 and I would prefer if the app remembered the preferred level.

It defaults to 6 (with a range of 4 - 8) - I have to adjust each time I measure / add chemicals to 6.5 (my preferred level).

Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.