Pool math/SLAM numbers screwy/swimming while slamming

Aug 23, 2016
Ballston Lake, NY
Using Pool Math app to keep my pool in check and need to SLAM to keep algae haze at bay.

Getting conflicting numbers.

CYA 70
TA 70
pH 7.5

All day yesterday my pool math app said SLAM level of 28 so I got it up to 28 over night (4ppm loss and still a bit of haze left so not out of the woods yet). I went to go check this AM with my app and clicked check and then it said my SLAM level should be 35. I changed CYA to 65 clicked on and off SLAM (went down to 26) then I changed CYA to 70, clicked on and off SLAM and went back to 28. Very odd. So what's my appropriate SLAM level? Anyone see any weird like that with the app? Also can you swim while slamming? Kids are pumped and it's gonna be a hot one. Thanks!

Always check the [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA] if unsure.

At CYA of 70 SLAM level FC is 28 ppm.

As long as your FC is at or below SLAM level and you can see the bottom of the deep end of the pool, throw those kids in the pool!!

FYI - pH test is invalid with FC greater than 10 ppm.

Good to know. Also that PH level was tested before I slammed so it is accurate (well maybe not so accurate as in the middle of SLAMMING yesterday I got about 1.5 inches of thunderstorm water).

Im going to get it to 28 now and when my kids will get home from school it will be under slam level and you can definitely see the bottom. I think most people would find it acceptable but I will not except anything less than crystal. lol I wish you all could see my friends pools. My one friends wife said she doesnt like when her pool gets warm and likes it in the spring when the water is cool and so clear. I told her, the water should be clear year round. I wish there was a good way to say, YOUR POOL IS DIRTY YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.