Pool math question

CR172

Jun 23, 2016
Celina, TX
We are putting in a new 24ft Saltwater 8000 from the Pool Factory in the coming weeks and I've been looking at Pool Math to get an idea of how much salt, CYA, etc I'm going to need. I'm really confused at the amount of bleach it's telling me I need. 80 oz? Really? That cannot be anywhere near enough. The salt and stabilizer look realistic. What do you folks think?

1554302948915.png

Pool is in, pump/filter and SWG been running for about a week and a half now. I know, no pics..... Water is clear and here are my numbers.
Salt - 3000 (just had a bunch of rain)
FC - 12 (high)
CC - 0
TA - 210 (real high)
CYA - 70
PH - 7.5
I've added, I believe, 4 gals of Muriatic acid already. How do I get the TA down? And the FC is too high but I'm running the SWG on its lowest setting. We are still back filling/leveling the area so we can start on the deck so I don't have my electric pole and timer set up yet. I've been turning on the pump and SWG in the morning before work and turning them off when I get home. Roughly 10 hrs. The pump is running on low speed.

Just leave the SWG off for a day. FC will probably drop to 4 or 6.

TA is the last thing you worry about, and only if you tire of daily acid additions. In fact, I question whether it really is 210. There is a known issue with static electricity on the tip of the R-009 making drops smaller so falsely higfh readings. The fix is to wipe the tip with a damp paper towel between drops.

Anyway, as you adjust pH, TA will come down. pH will rise again but TA will not, unless you add more high-TA fill water. So just be patient with it, and target 7.2 when you do add acid. It'll pop up fast, but it will also drive TA down faster.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.